Other than the U11+ flagship, HTC has also announced an impressive new mid-range offering. The U11 Life comes in two variants: an Android Nougat version with Sense UI and Amazon Alexa, as well as an Android One variant with 8.0 Oreo, sans Sense UI.
Design and Display
On the front of the phone is a 5.2-inch SuperLCD display with 1080p resolution. The Super LCD panel has a Gorilla Glass coating. The design is based on glossy glass panels with a metal frame on the sides.
More importantly, the design features the high-end model’s Edge Sense feature, which allows you to squeeze the phone to launch apps as well as perform certain tasks. Lastly, the phone is also IP67 certified, meaning it can probably take some punishment without breaking a sweat.
Internals and Storage
Under the hood, you get the midrange Snapdragon 630 processor. The global version of the phone comes with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage.
For connectivity, you get above all Cat.11 LTE connectivity, with downlink/uplink speeds of 600/75 Mbps. There’s also Bluetooth 5.0, NFC and USB-C, though, HTC is taking away the precious headphone jack away.
Camera, Battery, and Price
The camera on the front is a 16 MP sensor with 4K video, while the front also boasts a similar sensor with 1080p video.
The battery capacity is set at 2600 mAh. The pricing is set at $349 and the phone itself will be available in Black and Blue colors. HTC also bundles its USonic headphones in the box
HTC U11 Life Specifications
- CPU: 2.2 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 508
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630
- OS: Android 7.1 Nougat with HTC Sense; Stock Android 8.0 Oreo (Android one version)
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE (Cat.11)
- IP67 water and dust-resistance
- Fingerprint scanner
- 5.2” Super LCD with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 16 MP, f/2.0, LED, 4K video, PDAF
- Secondary: 16 MP, f/2.0, 1080p video
- Connectivity: USB-C, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi ac, NFC, GPS
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Price: $349