Black Friday sales season is almost upon us. And that means you have to get yourself ready to avail the best deals on Pakistani e-commerce stores before anyone else.
A lot of stores are offering great discounts if you opt for online payment options as opposed to cash on delivery.
In order to ensure that you get to enjoy those 10%-86% discounts during this sales season, we present to you the guide to get your credit cards, debit cards, and/or mobile wallets ready to go.
List of Banks and their Cards
The first thing you need to ensure is that your preferred payment card or mobile wallet works with your favorite ecommerce store.
We have gone ahead and selected some tried-and-tested banks and their debit cards that work with online purchases here.
- Meezan Bank – You can open an Asaan Current Bank Account with them and get your debit card. Only Rs. 100 deposit is required along with your CNIC to open your account. Their debit card works with local ecommerce sites without any activation.
- Faysal Bank – their debit cards work without any additional steps to activate them.
- Standard Chartered Bank – SCB’s debit cards work with most services both local and international without any hassle.
- MCB – The MCB Lite remains a popular option for online purchases in Pakistan. Here’s how you can activate it.
- UBL – The UBL Wiz Debit Card works with most local online stores out of the box. However, you need to call their helpline to activate your card for online purchases.
- ABL – Allied Bank just started its online card payment services and has partnered with some online retailers for additional discounts. Just like UBL, you need to call your helpline to activate your internet session for online purchases.
If you have your cards ready and activated, you can shop to your heart’s (and wallet’s) content.
It is always a good rule of thumb to consult your bank’s customer service helpline regarding support for online shopping. It doesn’t hurt to be sure.
Note: We’ll continue to update this list throughout the day with more available online-ready banking services.
But what about those who don’t have these cards, and don’t want to deal with a lengthy process to get them just in time for the sales?
For those who don’t have a debit or credit card, but still want to take advantage of the discounts on these shopping festivals, you can use mobile wallet services to pay for your favorite products during this Black Friday sale.
You can head over to our comprehensive guide here to find out the best mobile banking for you this Black Friday.
Did we miss anything? What do you use to make purchases over the internet? Do share your experiences below.