PPL to Continue Production from Sui Mining Lease for 6 More Months

Pakistan Petroleum Limited today announced that it will continue the production of Sui Mining Lease for the coming six months.

According to a notice to the bourse, PPL informed all the relevant stakeholders that the Government of Pakistan has allowed the company to continue production from the Sui Mining Lease for a period of six months with effect from 1st of December 2017.  The company would have to renew or give up the lease on the said field by May 31, 2018.

Tight Gas Discovery

Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) has announced that it has discovered tight gas reserves in its exploration first well Naushahro Feroze.

Due to the tight nature of the reservoir, this discovery did not appear commercially viable. After detailed post-well analysis and numerous sub-seismic geological and reservoir modelings, PPL re-drilled the well horizontally to a total length of 4940 meters and completed it with state of the art multistage frack technology. Whereas, the Chiltan limestone reservoir was successfully drilled in a horizontal section with a total lateral length of more than 1.3 kilometers.

This well made history in the drilling industry of Pakistan as it is one of the deepest and longest horizontal wells among Tight carbonate reservoirs. All the ten stages were stimulated (frac/acid) and successfully tested at 4.5 MMscfd with 1850 psi flowing wellhead pressure with 9 fold increase in production.

NF X-1 is in Naushahro Feroze block, Sindh, with PPL as operator holding 90% working interest and the remaining 10% is held by Asia Resources Oil Limited.

Pakistan Petroleum Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and gas resources in Pakistan, Iraq, and Yemen. It produces natural gas, crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), condensate, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), and barytes.

The company operates 10 producing fields located in Sui, Kandhkot, Adhi, Mazarani, Chachar, Adam, Adam West, Shahdadpur, and Shahdadpur West; and holds working interests in 17 partner-operated producing fields. As of June 30, 2017, it had proven recoverable reserves of 15,709,500 million standard cubic feet of natural gas; 61,024 Mbbls of oil/NGL; and 815,836 tons of LPG.

Ltd feature videos

Watch more at LTD