The Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan has officially announced the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for bringing phones to Pakistan. These rules are applicable to traveling individuals and do not apply to usual trade channels.
The rules and tariffs are also available on Customs desks at the International Arrival terminals across Pakistan.
- One phone can be registered without any duty.
- Phones on roaming do not have to be registered and you won’t need to pay duty on them.
- Any phones being used in Pakistan for less than 30 days don’t need to be registered and are free from duty and taxes.
- Any phones used or activated in Pakistan before 1st December 2018 are also free from duty and don’t need to be registered.
- Duty and registration services are available at all international airports as well as custom houses across Pakistan.
Importantly, no phones will be confiscated while they are being evaluated for duty or being registered.
Overall, you can bring a total of 5 phones per year to Pakistan.
If you want to know exactly how much tax will be applicable on the phones you are bringing in, check out the article below.
Applicable taxation policy 2018-19 on importing cellular devices into #Pakistan through traveling individuals & not by trade channels.
Tariffs are available upon arrival at International Airport's customs desks nationwide. pic.twitter.com/7STtsadPFo
— CAA Pakistan (@AirportPakistan) December 11, 2018