Apple is dipping its toes in the gaming industry with the release of Apple Arcade. It is a new gaming subscription service that gives you unlimited access to over 100 exclusive games playable across all Apple platforms including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV.
With a monthly subscription of $4.99, Apple users can get access to a vast catalog of exclusive games that can be played offline. The subscription also allows access to six other family members via Family Sharing. Apple claims that the catalog will exceed 100 games in the coming weeks with the introduction of new titles every month.
Apple along with its partnering game developers has announced dozens of games so far, some of which include:
- The Artful Escape, from Annapurna Interactive
- Atone: Heart of the Elder Tree, from Wildboy Studios
- Beyond a Steel Sky, from Revolution Software
- Box Project, by Mediocre Mel
- The Bradwell Conspiracy, from Bossa Studios and A Brave Plan
- Cardpocalypse, from Versus Evil and Gambrinous
- Doomsday Vault, from Flightless
- Down in Bermuda, from Yak & Co
- Enter the Construct, from Directive Games
- Fantasian, from Mistwalker
- Frogger in Toy Town, from Konami
- HitchHiker, from Versus Evil and Mad About Pandas
- Hot Lava, from Klei Entertainment
- Kings of the Castle, from Frosty Pop
- Lego Arthouse, from Lego
- Lego Brawls, from Lego and Red Games
- Lifelike, from Kunabi Brother
- Little Orpheus, The Chinese Room
Apple Arcade will be available on Apple’s App Store from September 19. Interested users will have to pay a monthly subscription of $4.99 after one month of a free trial.
Apple TV+ was among one of the few major announcements made by Apple on their launch event. It is a video streaming service that will allow you to stream a vast variety of Apple’s Original shows and movies in 4K also starting at $4.99 a month.
Ever since it was introduced in March, Apple has teased several Apple TV+ exclusive titles featuring several A-list celebrities including Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carell, Jason Momoa, etc. A few examples of these exclusive titles are Dickinson, See, The Morning Show, For All Mankind.
Apple TV+ will be available in more than 100 countries at launch, with more countries being added soon after. This gives Apple a huge advantage over other video streaming rivals such as Disney+ which will launch in only three countries initially.
Another advantage it has over existing streaming services is its pricing. It costs only $5 a month with ad-free 4K streaming for up to six family members. Also, if you buy the new iPhone, iPad or the Apple TV, you will get one year of free Apple TV+ subscription.
Apple TV+ will launch on November 1 with nine originals with more joining in every month.