The fifth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) is edging closer and new updates are coming in with each passing day.
After the announcement of players available for selection a couple of days ago, the PSL management has also revealed the salary cap for each category.
It was previously announced that PCB will now pay the players only in Rupees.
The salary cap will determine how much players will earn:
- Base Price: Rs. 23 million ($147,000)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 34 million ($218,000)
- Each team can pick 3 players from this category with no more than two local or foreigners.
- Base Price: Rs. 11.5 million ($73,000)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 16 million ($103,000)
- Teams can choose 3 players from this category as well
- Base Price: Rs. 6.9 million ($44,000)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 8.9 million ($58,000)
- Total of 3 players can be chosen from this category by each franchise
- Base Price: Rs. 2.4 million ($15,000)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 5.4 million ($35,000)
- Franchises can choose 5 players from this category
- Base Price: Rs. 1 million ($6,500)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 1.5 million ($9,500)
- Each franchise can sign up to 2 emerging players
The salary caps for PSL 2020 have been reduced for some categories but the board has not presented an explanation for that.