Hafeez Center of Lahore Burns to Ashes

Are you a cricket fan? If so, keep yourself updated on everything related to PSL with these pages: PSL Live Score PSL Points Table PSL Schedule PSL Highlights PSL Statistics

Hafeez Center of Lahore, Pakistan’s biggest and one of Asia’s biggest mobile phones market, caught fire earlier today.

While there are no confirmed reports yet, it is claimed that an electricity short circuit erupted the fire on the second floor that engulfed major part of the building that has four stories.

Located at Lahore’s Gulberg Main Boulevard area, Hafeez Center is billed as the tech hub of the country. Known for retail and wholesale markets for smartphones, laptops, desktops and all sorts of gadgets and accessories, the building is long known for the range and variety of tech gadgets sold there.

Reports say the fire erupted around 6am in the morning on Sunday and it kept stretching to engulf the major part of the building.

Government officials, around 2pm, claimed that the fire was contained through extensive fire fighting efforts but no further details were made public.

It is yet not possible to estimate the loss of inventory or the overall damage caused by the fire, but the figures could easily be in billions.

Below are some images and moving pictures from Twitter:



  • I visited there long time ago scared of happening such incident as there were no safety procedures followed

    • Simple c baat hai itni barri market me begair Fire Safety k kaam na kr k aisay waqyaat pe kya krna phr

  • A Good lesson for hafeez center management. khoti ky bachy hain sab. 15 saal se management ko bol rahy hain safety ko priority dein.
    likin kidhr baat suntay hain, In k damag ma bhosa bara hai.

  • Bht acha hua ye salay chor dhokay baaz juthay bethy hue thy…haram kamaty subha se le kr sham tak allah ny sae sabaq sikhaya….haram khor kahi ky

  • Short circuit is an easy excuse, so called enquirys by government whereas their electrical inspectors fail to check wiring as per electrical standards and later modifications. Shop keepers themselves to be blamed and should be held accountable for these mishaps… They add load senselessly after possession, wiring added is hanging in corridors, sockets overloaded and many other electrical compromises. One can see all this by simple walk in any building. It’s high time such corrective action is taken..

  • If one has ever been to Hafeez center he would realize that there is no fire hazard system installed. Electrical wiring hanging from corridors. Absolutely no fire extinguisher at any shop. This was a disaster waiting to happen. The blame is squarely on the shopkeepers and the management of the plaza. You cannot blame the city rescue services as this is an electronics market filled with items containing lithium batteries and lithium fires are not easily put out. Its the business man’s job of making sure that fire hazard material is kept save and in proper order with equipment available to put out a fire there are then with trained people on their pay roll.

  • Please Khuda ka Wasta haay, have a look at actual meaning of ‘burnt to ashes’.
    30% destruction is not burnt to ashes brother. Burnt to ashes means nothing else left but ash/raakh. Please update title to save people’s sentiment.

  • Insurance claim scene ha bois. Do you know the owner of the plaza? 6 am I’m. Morning ku agg lagae?

  • Get Alerts

    Follow ProPakistani to get latest news and updates.

    ProPakistani Community

    Join the groups below to get latest news and updates.