Chairman PTA Gets Life Threats
Dr. Yaseen, Chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority is receiving life threats from those who are losing billions of rupees due to his efforts to curb illegal gray telephony, it was told in a meeting for National Assembly’s standing committee for telecom and IT.
Chairman PTA explained that he’s putting all his efforts to curb illegal international calls and hence is receiving threats from gray telephony mafia.
On this Mr. Barjees Tahir, chairman standing committee has asked the government to provide Dr. Yaseen with additional and fool proof security.
It merits mentioning here that PTA, FIA and Rahman Malik have been putting efforts to curb illegal VoIP telephony traffic after fingers were pointed towards Interior Ministry by Public Accounts Committee.
Rahman Malik just the other day visited FIA headquarters along with Chairman PTA, and he seemingly discussed cyber crimes situation and gray telephony issues there.
- Pakistan Cant Detect 70 % of Illegal VoIP Traffic
- Fingers Pointed Towards Interior Ministry for Illegal VoIP Traffic
- Illegal Gateway Exchange Ceased in Multan
- Another Network of Illegal Exchanges Got Busted
- Amendments in Telecom Act to Be Finalized by October 2011
- No Plan to Monitor Phone Calls, Texts or Emails: PTA
- Telephony traffic: LDI operators agree to set up new system