Blackberry, Push Email and other sophisticated solutions are not required now to get your emails on your cell phone, as Telenor brings in a service called Telenor SMS Email – that enables you to send or receive all emails via SMS.
Though length of email should not exceed SMS size limit, a limitation of this service.
Furthermore, Telenor says that customers can send and receive emails via SMS on any handsets. This will definitely make emails accessibility anytime anywhere on any mobile set.
For activation of the service, subscriber needs to send an SMS ‘SUB’ to 555
Charges are Rs. 30 + tax for 1500 e-mail alerts for 30 days subscription.
Following is detailed procedure for using Telenor SMS Email Servuce
- Send ‘SUB’ to 555 or enter your mobile number on website
- Message will be sent to your mobile giving you the details and charges of the service plus a request to reply with ‘Y’ to confirm the usage of the service.
- After confirmation, system will send you password – that you need to enter while accessing your account on http://www.telenor.com.pk/smsemail/
- After logging in the website you need to add email address which will then be verified
- After verification the service will be activated and you will start recieving/sending emails from your cell phone