After multiple controversies, Sardar Muhammad Latif Khosa has been removed as Minister In-charge for IT and Telecom Ministry with immediate effect.
Mr. Khosa remained Minister In-charge for MoIT for four months.
Mr. Khosa will continue working as Adviser on IT but powers of the Minister are withdrawn. Prime Minister will be the Minister Incharge of the MOIT from now onwards.
Mr. Khosa had sacked 6 directors of ICT R&D fund for rejecting his brother-in-law as chief of fund. Just today, it is learned that sacked directors moved LHC against Mr. Khosa, alleging their termination as illegal and against the law.
Following notification was issued for withdrawal of Mr. Khosa’s minister-ship
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
Islamabad, the 19th July, 2010
O F F IC E M E M O R A N D U M
Subject: DELEGATION OF POWERS OF “FEDERAL MINISTER-IN-CHARGE” TO SARDAR MUHAMMAD LATIF KHAN KHOSA, ADVISER TO THE PRIME MINISTER ON INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
The undersigned is directed to state that Cabinet Division’s Office Memorandum of even number dated 27th March 2010, designating Sardar Muhammad Latif Khan Khosa, Adviser to the Prime Minister on Information Technology, as Minister-in-Charge for Ministry of Information and Technology, is hereby withdrawn with immediate effect.
2. Consequent upon the above decision the Prime Minister, himself, will henceforth look after the Ministry of Information Technology as per first proviso to rule 3(4) of the Rules of Business, 1973.
Deputy Secretary to the
Government of Pakistan
Information Technology and Telecommunication Division,
Copy forwarded to;
- Secretary General to the President
- Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister
- Secretaries, National Assembly/Senate, Secretariats
- All Ministries/Divisions
- PS to Adviser to the Prime Minister (Sardar Muhammad Latif Khan Khosa)