Huawei has announced that it is bringing one its latest Honor phablets to Pakistan – the Huawei Honor 5X. Typical of the X suffix Smartphones in the Honor lineup, 5X comes with better specifications compared to the normal sized Honor 5 and is a major upgrade over its predecessor, the Honor 4X.
Details about the Huawei Honor 5X
The mid-range phablet touts a metal design with aircraft grade aluminum body and is built around a 5.5 inch 1080p IPS LCD display. It is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor coupled with 2 or 3 GB of RAM depending on the variant available in the market. In Pakistan, however, Huawei is expected to launch the version with 2GB of RAM. The internal storage stands at 16GB with support for a microSD card of up to 128GB in size.
Despite being such a cheap offering, the Honor 5X comes with a top of the line fingerprint sensor at the back. The sensor is placed just below the camera and is able to unlock the device in a mere 0.4 seconds. Next to the fingerprint sensor is a 13MP camera with dual LED flash. The front of the phone features a 5MP selfie shooter.
The battery department is covered by an adequate 3,000mAh unit which supports Quick Charge and can charge the phone up to 50% in just 30 minutes. The phone will come with dual SIM support with 4G LTE support on both SIM slots.
Huawei Honor 5X Specifications:
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz quad-core + 1.2 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Snapdragon 615
- GPU: Adreno 405
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1
- Fingerprint scanner
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE Dual-SIM
- Display: 5.5” with 1080p resolution (401 ppi)
- Dimensions: 151.3 x 76.3 x 8.2 mm
- RAM: 2/3 GB (Pakistan will get 2GB variant)
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 128 GB
- Primary: 13 megapixel with dual-tone LED Flash
- Secondary: 5 megapixel
- Connectivity: NFC, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, 4G LTE
- Colors: White. Black, Gold
- Battery: 3,000 mAh, Quick Charge supported
- Expected Price: Rs 18K-20K ($160)
Honor 5X will come with Android Lollipop covered with Huawei’s Emotion UI 3.1 on top. The phone will be available in 3 color options and will be priced slightly higher than its price in the Chinese market.
Huawei wants to take over the Pakistan smartphone market by offering premium smartphones for every possible price range. With the launch of 5X, Huawei will be bringing one of its best bang-for-buck smartphones and perhaps it is something that the Pakistan smartphone market needed from one of the top phone manufacturers of the world.