It’s been 60 days since the dynamic PTI leader Imran Khan swung into power; he stormed into the list of ‘Most Influential Muslim Leaders’ for 2019.
Khan ranks 15th in the list of Muslim Rulers and Politicians and 29th in the list of overall Muslim Leaders for the year 2019.
According to the book, it tends to ascertain the influence some Muslims have on Muslim Ummah or behalf of Ummah.
The first three slots in both categories were captured by the Turkish leader Recap Tayyip Erdogan, Saudi King Shah Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al-Saud and King Abdullah II of Jordan, respectively.
Since 2009, Jordan-based Royal Islamic Studies Centre has been preparing the list every year, and its 10th edition for the year 2019 was published this month.
Pakistanis On the List
Besides PM Khan, three other religious personalities that have been included in the Muslim Leaders’ list are; Haji Muhammad Abdul-Wahhab, the emir of Tablighi Jamaat, Justice (retd) Sheikh Muhammad Taqi Usmani and renowned religious scholar Maulana Tariq Jameel.
Maulana Taqi Usmani is placed on 6th, Haji Abdul-Wahab on 14th and Maulana Tariq Jameel secured 40th spot.
Other prominent names in the list include:
- King Mohammed VI of Morocco
- Dr Ahmed Mohammed Al-Tayyeb of Al Azhar
- Sheikh Salman Al Ouda of Saudi Arabia
- Sayyid Ali Hussein of Najaf Iraq
- Ali Khamenei Supreme Leader of Iran
- Sultan Qaboos of Oman
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
- Emir Shaikh Tamim bin Hamid Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar
- Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- President of Indonesia Joko Widodo
- President of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari
- Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah Secretary General of Hezbollah
Here is the complete list of the world’s 50 most influential
PHOTO CREDIT: The News International