Nokia Reveals its New Windows Phone 8 Flagship, the Lumia 920
Nokia has finally announced its new Windows Phone 8 smartphones today and they look good. The phones are the Lumia 920, the flagship phone with PureView camera technology and the Lumia 820 (has been covered in another post).
To start off, the most prominent feature of this new WP8 flagship is the 8 megapixel camera with the renowned PureView technology which Nokia says is the best camera of its class.
Here are the top highlights:
- Best possible video and pictures with PureView camera, even with shaky hands or at night.
- World’s brightest, fastest and most responsive touchscreen – even if you are wearing gloves or have long fingernails
- World’s first smartphone with built-in wireless charging capabilities
Here are the rest of the specifications:
- Microsoft’s latest OS Windows Phone 8 running
- 4.5 inch 720p display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels & PureMotion HD+ display*
- New ClearBright technology makes this the brightest smartphone display ever
- IPS LCD capacitive multitouch touchscreen and Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Super sensitive touch technology allows you to use the phone with almost anything
- Thickness: 10.7mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- 1.5 Ghz dual-core Krait processor with Adreno 225 GPU
- 1 Gb RAM with 32 Gb non-expandable storage& 7 GB memory through SkyDrive
- 8.7 megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p Full HD video recording
- PureView camera technology
- Floating Lens technology for better image stabilization and low light performance
- 1 megapixel front-facing camera
- Nokia Drive, Nokia Lens and offline maps besides other special Nokia apps
- Bluetooth 3.1, microUSB 2.0, USB-on-the-go, NFC
- Available in Black, Yellow, Red and Gray versions
- 2000 mAh battery with wireless charging
(PureMotion HD+ is a new technology which enables blur free scrolling.
Nokia has already teamed up with several companies worldwide to make the phone charge wirelessly once you are within the charging range. The Finnish company claims that the new camera sensor for the phone was made completely from scratch so its not nearly as same as the one on the 808 PureView smartphone.
So far, the our only gripe with this phone are the glossy finish, non-expandable memory, the thickness and the weight.
Still, this is easily the best phone Nokia has ever made. The Lumia 920 has all the guts to take on the competition while keeping the innovation factor high. Interestingly though, Nokia’s shares fell by around 15% after they announced their new phones.
We’ll have to wait and watch though how things will turn out after these phones are launched later this year.
- Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 Now Available in Pakistan
- Lumia 820: Another Windows Phone 8 Smartphone from Nokia
- Nokia Outs Another Windows Phone, the Lumia 720
- 808 Pureview Turns Out to be The Last Symbian Phone from Nokia
- Nokia Unveils the Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Yet the Lumia 520
- Nokia Unveils Lumia 925 Smartphone
- Nokia Launches Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 in Pakistan