Which means, Ufone Uth customers can send 100,000 SMS to one Ufone number for Rs. 10 plus tax for one month.
Above equation seems pretty appealing, however, variables are increasing with every new offer coming from cellular companies.
With its current offer, Ufone is claiming that this is cheapest SMS rate in the world. Rightly so, however, this cheapest possible SMS could get the love juice from the whole world if it had come with a liberty of sending SMS from any Ufone number to anyone, on any network.
If you want to avail this offer, and are switching your number to Uth, then be informed, that there are daily charges of Rs. 1 per day with Ufone Uth Package. Here are complete details on Ufone Uth Package.
Here is what Ufone has to say about its claim:
These SMS rates are the lowest in the world. This is based on the SMS rates comparison given on the website of the cellular companies on 24th January, 2011.
For companies based outside Pakistan, the comparison is based on rates after conversion from Dollars to Rupees(as of 24th January, 2011). This comparison does not include packages based on location, time specific or packages with friends and family daily or monthly charges.
The charges do not include 19.5% FED and 10% Income Tax charges which will be charged as per the prevailing Pakistani law.
And just for a clue, anyone can beat Ufone’s this offer. Here are tips:
- Get a new package with daily line rent of Rs. 10
- Offer 1,000,000 (one million) SMS a month to one customer for this package and – Bang!
Never mind, Pakistani cellular users are now used to of such caps that come with Mobile packages.
Here are interesting Facts, you may want to consider:
- Seconds in one month (60 x 60 x 24 x 30) : 2,592,000
- Time required to send one SMS: 7 seconds (on average – actual time may vary from 4 seconds to 12 seconds)
- Total possible outgoing SMS in one month: 370,285
Just for records, if you send back to back SMS for one whole month, you won’t be able to send more than 370,285 text messages in one month. Just to mention, this doesn’t include composing time or anything else, these stats are for back to back SMS.
How to Activate:
To activate this offer simply send your desired number to 604
- To Add the number as FnF, SMS the FnF Number to 604
- To Edit existing FnF number, SMS the FnF Number to 9104
- To Query the FnF number, SMS ‘INFO’ to 9192
- To Remove/Deactivate FnF package, SMS ‘UNSUB’ to 8104
- 19.5% FED on usage and 10% withholding tax at recharge or bill applies
Terms & Conditions:
- This package is only available to Uth Package customers
- FnF Number can only be an On-Net number
- Only one On-Net number can be added as an FnF Number at any time
- Customers can update/edit their FnF number as many times as they want by sending the FnF number to 9104
- FnF update/Edit charges are Rs. 10+tax
- SMS to all other numbers will be charged as per the customer’s tariff plan
- Customer can also subscribe to the SMS Buckets along with FnF package
- FnF Package will have the highest priority in case of subscription to SMS buckets, that is no deductions from Bucket SMS would be made in case of SMS to the FnF number
- The FnF package is valid for 30 days from the time of the package activation
- Upon the expiry of the FnF package after 30 days, the package will be renewed automatically
- Unsubscription charges are Re. 1+tax
- Query Charges are Rs. 0.5+ tax
- All charges are exclusive of tax